Thursday, September 3, 2009

Did I mention the $16K raised

I am sure I did...but just in case...so far - since this all began, we - yes WE not I - have raised nearly $16 thousand so far in the quest for the $40K I set when I crafted this challenge - in a little over 4 months. That is incredibly inspiring - and I am humbled by the support I have received.

From friends and family, from colleagues at work, from acquaintances, from what one might consider "perfect strangers" we have accomplished so much thus far.

My next step is to approach corporations for monetary support to boost this even further. The $40K was a goal set to tie in to the "40 in 40" theme. It is but a small dent in the needs of the LLS, the patients, their families... to recieve the support and research they need. It is not a required amount, it is not a set amount...if - no - WHEN we exceed that it will make this challenge all that much more beneficial to those who we know, are related to, have met - who have battled blood cancers and lost - and those that continue that battle today.

Do you know of a corporation that is open to the opportunity to do so much more? If so - please let me know. I am pursuing sports oriented as well as health oriented, family oriented, community oriented organizations to help us all surpass this goal.

I appreciate your continued support and kind words - and am humbled by your generosity.

Thank you all..... GO TEAM!

No comments: