Saturday, August 29, 2009

60 miles and a short brick - great way to start a Saturday

6:45 AM ride start - in some fog - with 17 riders. Coaches Steve, Tricia, Greg and Jenny, Tricia's husband Justin, Jenny's husband Marcus, Wayne, Lindsey, John, Tal, Shelly, Becca (i think), and a couple other guys whose names I didn't catch...

rode out through some heavy fog/mist for the first 30 or so - then it cleared up and turned into a glorious day. got to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while - what else do you get to do when riding for 3 and a half hours or so...

got awesome SAG (Support and Gear) support from Stacey and Abby from the TnT office...they had a guy with them as well - but I am not sure who he was - just someone who wanted to spend the first 4 - 5 hours - early hours of his Saturday riding behind a bunch of folks on bikes I guess...

Followed that with a lovely 10 minute brick - at a good pace. Jenny really pushed me on the return trip in...

had an awesome ride the newly fitted bike really felt awesome....knee started acting up - but not until around 55 miles - which goes to show you how much better it is. My knee used to start bothering me around 15 - 20 miles...thanks again TrySports - looking forward to some time in the mountains this weekend with Sheila, Maggie and Dobhen...and probably a long run at some point.

Thanks everyone for an awesome ride - and for the terrific support from Stacey and Abby...and the guy I don't know....I know - it's bad of me to not know his name - but I kept forgetting to ask.

Most of the folks out today were doing their last long ride before the Patriots Half IronMan in two weeks...they're gonna rock it - they all did awesome.

Go TEAM

No comments: