Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Official Start

With my 39th Birthday next week - the official countdown begins. To date I have completed 4 events and have 8 more scheduled by the 4th of July. I have raised over $3,000 towards the $40,000 goal. It has been an interesting journey with work being as demanding as it has been over the past couple of months making me realize that the adage "All great plans of mice and men, often go awry" may rear its ugly head from time to time.

Regardless, I am undaunted and exhilarated by the challenge set forth before me.

Try Sports has signed on as a sponsor - which is incredible. Their support will help make certain non-racing challenges much more realistic. I continue to search for and approach sponsors to help with the challenge - but will prevail regardless.

The importance of the LLS mission and the work that they do will continue to drive me and those who support me and join me for events towards he ultimate goal....support and cures for blood cancers in young and old alike.

I will be updating this blog and the journey more frequently now - and I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I enjoy taking you along with me.

Go Team!

No comments: