Friday, April 3, 2009

10 days straight

So I like to think of myself as someone who is a consistent "workerer-outer"...someone who works out consistently, appropriately, methodically. I usually hit the gym 4 - 6 times a week, get out and run 3 -4 times a week if not more, as that is my "comfort zone"...but I realized as I went to the gym this AM, that I have worked out for 10 days in a row...and still feel I need more. Over the past week, I have covered (running, swimming and cycling) over 70 miles. Now workouts range from a run, to lifting, to a bike ride or - a swim...need more swimming that is for certain, but still.

On the days when I even contemplate not getting up to get to the pool, or on the road, or strap on the shoes, I think about all those folks that I am doing this for and the fact that they get up every day and face a much more daunting battle against Leukemia, Lymphoma and blood cancers. They need all of our help to find a cure.

A little rain, some cold wind, a chilly pool...pale in comparison to what the Honor patients and Heroes face every day.

It humbles me - and I am grateful to be able to try and make a difference.

1 comment:

Cat said...

10 days straight? Impressive! Don't go overtraining though! :)